Me >> I didn’t ask you to suggest me.
They >> Ha ok but I suggest you because you are my relative. I’m your uncle.
Me >> Weren’t you my uncle for these years?
They >> I were but that time I didn’t know about you.
Me >> About me what? What didn’t you know about me?
They >> That you are unmarried.
Me >> And you knew today that I’m unmarried, so you started telling me why marriage is so important and why I should get married.
They >> Yes because..
Me >> But did I ask you to tell me or suggest me?
They >> (little frustrating way) Ok if you don’t want to listen then go to hell!!
(Little softer) I suggest you to get married because it’s in our culture. If you remain unmarried man, you’ll have to face many problems. We are your relatives, we are worried about you. Can’t you understand?
Me >> So, ok. You are worried because I’m unmarried.
If you cut the relations which is between us, then you’ll not be worried about me either I’m married or not, that will not affect you. That is what I got from Four Noble Truths: ‘if you cut or stop the cause, there will be no result’. Ok, I know, life will be continued but this problem that makes you worried about me, will not be there.
If you were Buddhist, you’d see that your sufferings are actually psychological not physical. So, to get rid of this suffering, just cut or stop the cause and you’ll be free!
They >> You talk nice pretending to be religious man but I know, you are trying to escape from getting married.
If you don’t want to get married, if you want to remain unmarried entire your life, it’s all upto you. Why do I bother about you.
Me >> (I laughed) So you got the wisdom now.
Here I got a funny post on whatsapp I’m sharing here..
Marriages in INDIA…
1. You are getting old. You should get married. Or We are getting Old you should get married.
2. You are going bald/ growing fat/ becoming ugly. You should get married.
3. All your friends are married. You should get married.
4. You are getting bored. You should get married.
5. School done. College done. Job done. What else is to be done? You should get married.
6. Late marriage means late kids. You should get married.
7. But how will younger siblings get married? You should get married.
8. Sharma Uncle, Verma Aunty and all other relatives keep asking all kinds of questions. You should get married.
9. It’s our duty and responsibility. You should get married.
10. It’s Great Great Grandparents last wish. You should get married.!!
11. We want the joy of playing with our grandchildren – you should get married.
12. You’ll not get bride after an age, you should get married.
Photo: screenshot of a bundeli folk song.
(Kirti Thakur & Me as Bride and Bridegroom, during a Bundeli album shoot, 2006 in Jabalpur)
YouTube link is HERE.